Admission of Candidates: Academic Qualifications
As a group, candidates admitted into the program each year have attained a level of academic qualifications, using one or more indicators, equivalent to or higher than candidates admitted to other post-baccalaureate programs offered by the institution.
All Fresno State applicants must comply with admissions requirements to the California State University which are in accordance with Title 5, Chapter 1, Subchapter 3 of the California Codeof Regulations.
Graduate applicants must apply for graduate standing. To do this, they must complete a university application, pay an admissions fee, and secure official transcripts. They also must; 1) have completed a four-year college course of study and acceptable bachelors degree from an accredited institution, 2) be in good academic standing at the last college or university attended, 3) have attained a 2.50 GPA (A = 4.0) in the last 60 (90 quarter) units attempted, and 4) satisfactorily have met professional, personal, scholastic, and other standards, including qualifying examinations, as appropriate campus authorities may prescribe.
All basic credential, advanced credential, and master's degree applications and records are housed in the KSOEHD Student Services office. Personnel include an admissions technician (basic credential programs), a graduate technician (advanced credential and master's degrees), a credential analyst (all university credential applications) and a data technician. Program coordinators and program faculty work closely with records technicians as students make application, complete programs, and apply for appropriate degrees and/or credentials.
The criteria for admission to the ECE Graduate Program are as follows:
- Admission to Division of Graduate Studies at Fresno State.
- Complete application to ECE Graduate Program.
- Minimum GPA of 2.75
- Statement of Purpose
- Three letters of recommendation
- Meeting undergraduate writing requirement-course, UDWE or CBEST.
- Meet qualifications for ECE Master Teacher Permit (BA/BS degree, 12 units ECE or Child Dev,3 units supervised ECE fieldwork) or hold a teaching credential.
- TOEFL score of 560 (international students only
- Meet with ECE Program Coordinator for advisement interview and program planning
Retention in the program requires
- Maintain a 3.0 grade point. No grade less than a C.
- Obtain classified standing prior to completion of 9 units.
- Pass the graduate writing requirement (LEE 235).
- Successful advancement to candidacy.
- Complete all program requirements 5 years from the date of classified standing.
Exit from the program:
- MA in Education, ECE Option: Successful meeting of all program standards and passing all assessments including the project/thesis.
- ECE Specialist Credential Program: Successful meeting of all program standards and passing all assessments including the research paper.