Wayfinders at Fresno State
Wayfinders accepts applications between October 1 and November 30.
Complete our application online.
Please note, you will be required to upload the following documents as part of the application:
- Personal Statement video
- A recent photograph of the applicant
- High school transcript
- High school diploma OR certificate of completion or equivalent
- College transcripts, if applicable
- Most recent IEP or Exit IEP
- Immunization Records
- Negative TB Skin and/or Chest Xray test results completed within the past 12 months
- Recommended: Recent Psychological Evaluation
- Recommended: Recent Social Assessment
- Recommended: Recent Vocational Assessment or Evaluation
- Recommended: Recent Achievement Test Results
Contact your Regional Center Service Coordinator (RCSC) to complete the online referral form.
An applicant who is not a client of a regional center may apply without a referral by an RCSC.
Choose two professional references to complete our online recommendation letter form.
One must be from a teacher or job supervisor and another from a person who knows the applicant well and has known the applicant for at least 1 year. Letters from a family member will not be accepted. Individuals providing references should include the following information in their letter of recommendation:
- Length of time they have known the applicant
- The context they first become acquainted with the applicant
- The applicant’s most exemplary traits
- Areas that could use improvement
- Concerns they have about the applicant (e.g. behavioral issues)
- Reasons why they feel the applicant is a good candidate for Wayfinders
Mail your application fee in the form of a check or money order made out to Wayfinders. The application fee is $50 when all of the above materials have been received prior to November 1st. The application fee increases to $100 if any of the above application materials are received after November 1st. Mail your application fee to:
2743 E. Shaw Ave Suite 101
Fresno, CA 93710
Your application will NOT be reviewed by our admissions committee until Wayfinders receives your complete application, complete regional center referral, two reference letters, and your application fee. All materials are due no later than November 30.
Suitable applicants are selected by Wayfinders to be interviewed. The applicant and parent(s)/guardian(s) must be present and will be interviewed separately. The interview process will ascertain the following:
- The applicant has the desire, ability and motivation to complete every aspect of the program in the expected time period.
- The program staff and/or community resources can appropriately serve the applicant’s individual needs.
- The program provides the least restrictive environment for the applicant.
- The applicant is prepared to enter the program.
- The applicant meets all entrance requirements.
- The parents/guardians are ready and willing to allow their child to make their own decisions with the support and guidance of Wayfinders staff.
Early in February, the applicant will receive a letter from Wayfinders indicating one of the following:
- The applicant has been offered admission to Wayfinders and must accept or decline the offer no later than March 15. We recommend families then apply for Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA.)
- The applicant has been placed on our waitlist.
- The applicant was not selected.