Certificate of Advanced Study in Research Methods
The deadlines below apply to both the Cal State Apply and Kremen School Application.
|Spring 2021||Fall 2021|
|Closed||June 1, 2021|
Two Applications Required
- Kremen School Application: See below for details.
- Fresno State Application: Apply at www.calstate.edu/apply.
Submit Your Kremen School Application
Email: Application, letter of recommendation and supporting documents may be emailed directly to email@example.com. A copy of the rubric may be downloaded here. Please be sure to have your recommender put your name in the subject line.
Mail: Applications may be mailed to:Kremen School of Education and Human Development
Center for Advising and Student Services
Attn: Renee Petch
5005 N. Maple Ave. M/S 301
Fresno, CA 93720
Kremen School Application
- Provide copy of Cal State Apply confirmation page as proof of application, or
- Provide copy of unofficial Fresno State transcripts showing current enrollment.
Provide a copy of all unofficial transcripts (or copy of official transcripts).
Graduate program applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.75 in the last 60 semester (90 quarter) units attempted and a minimum of 2.75 on any Post Baccalaureate work at Fresno State.
This is a 1-2 page typed statement of your purpose for applying to the program. Focus on your present situation and your short- and long-term professional goals. The form is included in the program application packet.
Include letters of reference and the completed rubric form from instructors, supervisors, or other individuals who are in a position to evaluate you in terms of your potential for success in the graduate program. The rubric form is included in the program application packet.
You must meet this requirement by ONE of the following:
- Obtaining a minimum of a 41+ on the California Basic Education Skills Test (CBEST) writing portion, or pass all sections of the entire test (provide copy).
- Passing all 3 sections of the CSET Multiple Subject test and the Writing Skills test (provide copy).
- Obtaining a minimum passing score on the Upper Division Writing Examination (UDWE).
- Earning a grade of "B" or better in any "W" course taken at Fresno State. (Note: This course cannot be counted toward your graduate degree.)
- Substitution request approved by the Graduate Programs Coordinator (Dr. Susan Tracz) for a course taken at another institution.
For information regarding the UDWE, contact the Fresno State Office of Testing Services located in the Family and Food Sciences Building, Room 110 or call 559.278.2457.
To have courses that you have taken at another institution reviewed for substitution, please complete the Writing Competency Substitution Request form.
If you are an International Student, the TOEFL is a requirement for admission to Fresno State. Verification of the TOEFL score is provided to the program by the International Admissions Office.