Master of Arts in Educational Leadership and Administration
Apply to the Preliminary Administrative Services Credential and M.A. in Educational Leadership and Administration Program
|Spring 2023||Fall 2023|
|August 1, 2022 - November 1, 2022||October 1, 2022 - June 1, 2023|
“As an administrator, I always aim to coach others around me. I want teachers to be the best teachers they can be. I want to support my staff and be the best administrator I can be for them.”
- Bobby Rodriguez, 2008 alumnus
How to Apply
Apply at www.calstate.edu/apply
- Select the term, and click "apply"
- Sign in, or if a new applicant, create an account
- From the dashboard, select "Add Program"
- In the search box, type "Fresno"
- Scroll down to "Fresno Graduate" and select "Educational Leadership & Administration, (P-12)" by clicking on the "+"
- If you are applying for the Preliminary Administratvie Services credential only, scroll down to "Fresno Credential" and select "Preliminary Administrative Services Credential" by clicking on the "+"
- Select "My application" from the dashboard
- Compete all four quadrants "Personal Information, Academic History, Supporting Information, and Program Materials"
The following describes in detail the requirements for the Kremen School in the "Program Materials" section of the Cal State Apply application. This section must be completed to be eligible for consideration for program admission.
Kremen School Application Details
In the "Program Materials" section, please upload copies of your unofficial transcripts. This is for the program application only.
Please note: For the university application, Graduate Admissions requires official transcripts from ALL colleges attended after high school, including transcripts with your most recently completed courses, are required for admission.
Fresno State graduates are not required to submit Fresno State transcripts to the Admissions Office.
How do I submit official transcripts?
Electronic- transcripts sent electronically or as a PDF attachment MUST come directly from the issuing institution. Transcripts emailed by the applicant will not be accepted for admission review.
Have your institution email transcripts to:
Fresno State Admissions OR Fresno State Division of Graduate Studies
Hardcopy- transcripts must remain in their original, sealed envelope.
Transcripts should be mailed to:
Graduate Admissions Office
California State University, Fresno
5150 N. Maple Ave M/S JA57
Fresno, CA 93740-8026
*This is a secure email for transcript submission ONLY. Email any questions regarding your application or transcripts to email@example.com.
Graduate program applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.75 in the last 60 semester (90 quarter) units attempted and a minimum of 2.75 on any Post Baccalaureate work at Fresno State.
Complete the Statement of Purpose.
The General Program Recommendation with Letter Upload is required to be submitted by your recommender. Request letters of reference from instructors, supervisors, or other individuals who are in a position to evaluate you in terms of your potential for graduate study in the program. Two recommendations are required.
In the "Recommenations" section, you will provide your recommender contact information. Once you have saved an electronic recommendation, an email request will automatically be sent to the recommender on your behalf. Please advise your recommender to look for this email in their inbox, as well as their spam or junk-mail folder, as emails do occasionally get filtered out.
You must meet this requirement by one of the following:
- Previous completion of a Master's Degree
- Passing of CBEST (provide copy)
- Obtaining a minimum passing score on the Upper Division Writing Examination (UDWE) as an undergraduate
- GRE writing - minimum of 3.5
Include a copy of current resume (no photographs).
If you are an International Student the TOEFL is a requirement for admission to Fresno State. Verification of the TOEFL score is provided to the program by the International Admissions Office.
English Language Requirements
All graduate and postbaccalaureate applicants, regardless of citizenship, whose preparatory education was principally in a language other than English, must demonstrate competence in English. Those who do not possess a bachelor's degree from a postsecondary institution where English is the principal language of instruction must receive a minimum score of 550 on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). (Some campuses require a higher score.) Applicants taking the computer-based TOEFL must present a score of 213 or above. (Some campuses or programs require a higher score.) In the case of graduate admissions, the CSU minimum for the internet (TOEFL iBT) version of the TOEFL is 80.
For questions, please contact Graduate Admissions at 559/278-4073 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Preliminary Administrative Services Credential
In addition to the above requirements, credential applicants must provide:
- Evidence of passing the CBEST
- At least 3.5 years of full-time experience
- Copy of one of the following valid credentials:
- A clear or life California teaching credential that requires a baccalaureate degree and a program of professional preparation, including student teaching or the equivalent, and an English learner authorization; or
- A clear or life California designated subjects teaching credential in adult education, career technical education, vocational education or special subjects, provided the applicant also possesses a baccalaureate degree, and an English learner authorization; or
- A clear or life California services credential in pupil personnel services, health services for school nurse, teacher librarian services, or speech-language pathology or clinical or rehabilitative services requiring a baccalaureate degree and a program of professional preparation, including field work or the equivalent.
For those students applying for the credential only, in addition to the above requirements, applicants must:
- Have a conferred master's degree or a master's degree in progress.
- Verify with the Program Coordinator at least 3.5 years of successful, full-time experience in public schools or in private schools of equivalent status at the time the credential is bestowed.
Contact the Program Coordinator
Dr. Jessica Hannigan
Graduate Admissions Analyst: Renee Petch
Frequently Asked Questions
Have questions? Visit our FAQ page for additional information.
Fresno State offers many avenues to receive assistance. Visit our Resources page.