Master of Arts in Educational Leadership and Administration
Apply to the M.A. in Educational Leadership and Administration Program
Application Deadlines - Fall 2021
|Cal State Apply||Kremen School Application|
|April 1, 2021||
April 1, 2021 - priority deadline
May 1, 2021 - secondary deadline
Two Applications Required
- Kremen School Application: See below for the program application.
- Fresno State Application: Apply at www.calstate.edu/apply.
Submit Your Kremen School Application
Email: Application, letters of recommendation and supporting documents may be emailed directly to KremenGradApp@mail.fresnostate.edu. If your recommender would prefer to keep their letter confidential, they may email the letter directly to the smae email for kremengradapp. Please have your recommender put your name in the subject line.
Mail: Applications may be mailed to:
Kremen School of Education and Human Development
Center for Advising and Student Services
Attn: Renee Petch
5005 N. Maple Ave. M/S 301
Fresno, CA 93740
Kremen School Application Process
- Provide copy of Cal State Apply confirmation page as proof of application, or
- Provide copy of unofficial Fresno State transcripts showing current enrollment.
Provide a copy of all unofficial transcripts (or copy of official transcripts).
Graduate program applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.75 in the last 60 semester (90 quarter) units attempted and a minimum of 2.75 on any Post Baccalaureate work at Fresno State.
Please complete the Statement of Purpose form and submit along with the application packet.
Include letters of reference from instructors, supervisors, or other individuals who are in a position to evaluate you in terms of your potential as a graduate student in the program.
You must meet this requirement by one of the following:
- Previous completion of a Master's Degree
- Passing of CBEST (provide copy)
- Obtaining a minimum passing score on the Upper Division Writing Examination (UDWE) as an undergraduate
- GRE writing - minimum of 3.5
Include a copy of current resume (no photographs).
If you are an International Student the TOEFL is a requirement for admission to Fresno State. Verification of the TOEFL score is provided to the program by the International Admissions Office.
Preliminary Administrative Services Credential
In addition to the above requirements, credential applicants must provide:
- Evidence of passing the CBEST
- At least 3.5 years of full-time experience
- Copy of one of the following valid credentials:
- A clear or life California teaching credential that requires a baccalaureate degree and a program of professional preparation, including student teaching or the equivalent, and an English learner authorization; or
- A clear or life California designated subjects teaching credential in adult education, career technical education, vocational education or special subjects, provided the applicant also possesses a baccalaureate degree, and an English learner authorization; or
- A clear or life California services credential in pupil personnel services, health services for school nurse, teacher librarian services, or speech-language pathology or clinical or rehabilitative services requiring a baccalaureate degree and a program of professional preparation, including field work or the equivalent.
For those students applying for the credential only, in addition to the above requirements, applicants must:
- Have a conferred master's degree or a master's degree in progress.
- Verify with the Program Coordinator at least 3.5 years of successful, full-time experience in public schools or in private schools of equivalent status at the time the credential is bestowed.
Contact the Program Coordinator
Dr. Jennifer Moradian Watson
"You can do this. Kick fear to the curb." - 2019 graduate
Graduate Admissions Analyst: Renee Petch
Frequently Asked Questions
Have questions? Visit our FAQ page for additional information.
Fresno State offers many avenues to receive assistance. Visit our Resources page.