Master of Arts in Teaching
Apply to the M.A. in Teaching Program
|Spring 2021||Fall 2021|
|Closed||October 1, 2020 - June 1, 2021|
Cal State Apply
Apply at www.calstate.edu/apply.
- Select the term, and click "apply"
- Sign in, or if a new applicant, create an account
- From the dashboard, select "Add Program"
- In the search box, type "Fresno"
- Scroll down and select "Teaching" by clicking on the "+"
- Select "My application" from the dashboard
- Compete all four quadrants "Personal Information, Academic History, Supporting Information, and Program Materials"
- Cal State Apply Graduate Application Guide
The following describes in detail the requirements for the Kremen School in the "Program Materials" section of the Cal State Apply application. This section must be completed to be eligible for consideration for program admission.
Graduate program applicants must have a minimum GPA of 2.75 in the last 60 semester (90 quarter) units attempted and a minimum of 2.75 on any Post Baccalaureate work at Fresno State.
You must meet this requirement by one of the following:
- Obtaining a minimum of a 41+ on the California Basic Education Skills Test (CBEST) writing portion, or pass all sections of the entire test (provide copy).
- Passing all 3 sections of the CSET Multiple Subject test and the Writing Skills test (provide copy).
- Obtaining a minimum passing score on the Upper Division Writing Examination (UDWE) as an undergraduate.
- Earning a grade of "B" or better in any "W" course taken at Fresno State.
- Substitution request approved by the Graduate Coordinator for course taken at another institution.
You must have access to a classroom to be in this program. Because of the rigor of the MAT program, first-year teachers with BTSA obligations are encouraged to wait until at least the second year of teaching to participate in this program.
Contact the Program Coordinator
Dr. Nancy Akhavan