AAQEP Accreditation 2022
4f. Investigates its own effectiveness relative to its institutional and/or programmatic mission and commitments
The program takes all necessary steps to investigate the effectiveness of the institutional and/or programmatic mission and commitments:
- The school counseling faculty, both full-time and part-time, meet monthly to discuss the program and make all necessary changes to meet the standards. (Minutes Folder)
- Reviews demographic and academic information of students, how this data translates to the local community, and to the challenges at the college/university level with the recruitment of diverse students. The faculty works with the School Counseling Program Ambassadors to actively update the recruitment techniques and materials. The program coordinator has participated in the university level “First Sunday” event at the local churches in Fresno to increase African American enrollment at the university.
- The program reviews the field placements for interns and program completers. In the past year, the department included a new role, Field Placement Coordinator, in which Dr. Song Lee has dedicated time to increase partnerships with school sites, update policies for the supervisors and interns, improve assessment data, and make sure the program meets the state and national standards.
- The program has taken and continues to take the necessary steps to strengthen school counseling at the local, state, national and international levels. We accomplish this mission by:
- Strongly encouraging all School Counseling students to become members of the American School Counselor Association (ASCA) and/or the American Counseling Association (ACA). The faculty are active members in several associations, including ASCA, ACA, CSI, AERA.
- The faculty collaborate with students to present at local and national conferences. Faculty have also published with students.