Master of Science in Marriage, Family and Child Counseling
Apply to the M.S. in Marriage, Family and Child Counseling Program
The deadlines below apply to both the Cal State Apply and Kremen School Application.
|Spring 2021||Fall 2021|
|Closed||October 1, 2020 - March 1, 2021|
Two Applications Required
- Kremen School Application: See below for the program application.
- Fresno State Application: Apply at www.calstate.edu/apply.
MFCC Cohort Statement
The Marriage, Family, Child Counseling (MFCC) program and the Department of Counselor Education and Rehabilitation are committed to student success through quality education and the development of counselor identity aligning with both CACREP accreditation and the State of California’s Board of Behavioral Sciences. The MFCC program has recently made changes to comply with CACREP standards. The following changes to the MFCC program effective Spring 2021:
- Each semester, 18 students will be admitted into a cohort
- Due to the implementation of a cohort model, admitted students are expected to maintain full time status and take designated courses aligning with their specific cohort.
- Scheduling of the courses will take place during both day and evening times. Most courses are held from 1:00-3:50pm, 4:00-6:50 pm, 7:00-9:50 pm (Course times may change and alter.)
Submit Your Kremen School Application
Email: Application and supporting documents may be emailed to email@example.com. For letters of recommendation, your recommender may mail the letter and rubric to the address below, or email the letter and rubric to the same email mentioned above. A copy of the rubric may be downloaded here. Please have your recommender put your name in the subject line.
Mail: You may include your sealed letters of recommendation in your application packet. Applications may be mailed to:
Kremen School of Education and Human Development
Center for Advising and Student Services
Attn: Renee Petch
5005 N. Maple Ave. M/S 301
Fresno, CA 93740
Kremen School Application Process
- Provide copy of Cal State Apply confirmation page as proof of application, or
- Provide copy of unofficial Fresno State transcripts showing current enrollment.
You must meet this requirement by one of the following:
- Obtaining a minimum of a 41+ on the California Basic Education Skills Test (CBEST) writing portion, or pass all sections of the entire test (provide copy).
- Passing all 3 sections of the CSET Multiple Subject test and the Writing Skills test (provide copy).
- Obtaining a minimum passing score on the Upper Division Writing Examination (UDWE) as an undergraduate.
- Earning a grade of "B" or better in any "W" course taken at Fresno State.
- Substitution request approved by the Graduate Coordinator for course taken at another institution.
To have courses that you have taken at another institution reviewed for substitution, please complete the Writing Competency Substitution form.
It is recommended that these courses be completed or in progress prior to applying to the program. Please highlight the courses on your unofficial transcripts. These courses cannot be older than 10 years:
- COUN 174 OR PSYCH 174 - Introduction to Counseling
- COUN 176 - Counseling and Mental Health OR PSYCH 166 or 66 - Abnormal Psychology
- ERE 153 - Educational Statistics OR the following Fresno State equivalent courses: PSYCH 144 or 143, SWRK 171 or 176, SOC 125, DS 123, or HS 202
To have courses that you have taken at another institution reviewed for substitution, please click on the forms below:
Contact the Program Coordinator
Dr. Mandy Greaves
Graduate Admissions Analyst: Renee Petch
Frequently Asked Questions
Have questions? Visit our FAQ page for additional information.
Fresno State offers many avenues to receive assistance. Visit our Resources page.