Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Educational Leadership
Preparing administrators to meet the educational challenges of today and the future.
Fresno State’s doctoral program in educational leadership supports the CSU system-wide effort to offer professional practice doctoral programs in Educational Leadership. Fresno State’s program is designed to support working professionals poised for leadership in P12 schools and districts, community colleges, and universities. The 60-unit program can be completed in three years of full-time study and is designed to complement students' full-time employment. Upon completion, candidates will earn a Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) degree.
Our cohort-based doctoral program offers two delivery format options for students: Face-to-Face and Online. Both delivery format options offer students the opportunity to focus on either P12 Educational Leadership or Community College/Higher Education Leadership.
Our program prepares its students to develop new skills that will enable them to:
- Acquire theoretical, practical, methodological, and empirical knowledge,
- Conduct field-based research,
- Serve the needs of an increasingly diverse student population,
- Establish sound educational policy and practice,
- Play a leadership role in educational reform,
- And conduct educational assessments and evaluations.
The Fresno State Doctoral Program is a participant in the prestigious national study of Education Doctorates by the Carnegie Foundation.
Follow us on Social Media