Master of Arts in Education
Master of Arts in Education, option in Reading/Language Arts
The Master of Arts degree program in Education with an option in Reading/Language Arts focuses on helping graduate students and teachers become professional reading literacy educators. Students can pursue a master's degree, credential, or added authorization in Reading and Language Arts.
The program is committed to promoting and enhancing the quality of instruction in reading and language arts. Our graduate students learn how to become professionals in the field. Their knowledge base increases as a result of making connections between literacy theory and pedagogy, and they learn how to coach and mentor other teachers in the field of literacy and reading.
Program Format - On Campus or Fully Online
Online Program Option
- Developed for Working Professionals
- Only need to be logged in during live sessions, complete the rest of the class at your own pace
- One Class at a Time
- Take one class every 8 weeks, 2 classes in a semester
- Technology Support
- Canvas and/or Google Classroom support embedded into the program
- Literacy coaches in schools
- Instructor at a community college
- Educational literacy consultant in private and public settings
- Diagnostician in reading clinics
- Resource teachers in schools and community literacy centers
- Consultant for publishing companies
- Master of Arts in Education option in Reading/Language Arts (30 units)
- California Reading/Literacy Leadership Specialists Credential (24 units)
- California Reading/Literacy Added Authorization (Certificate) (15 units)
Students can earn the credential and authorization simultaneously while seeking the Master of Arts degree.
*Graduates interested in the Credential or Authorization must possess a Multiple Subject State of California Teaching Credential upon program completion.
Email us at email@example.com.