Master of Science in Clinical Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling
Advancement to Candidacy
The next step after you receive Classified Standing is Advancement to Candidacy, an important step in your progress. The Advancement to Candidacy form is your contract with the University. It gives you permission to proceed toward qualifying for the master’s degree and should be accomplished as soon as possible after achieving Classified Standing but no later than one semester before the semester you plan to graduate. Any change to this “contract” must be approved by Graduate Studies. The forms to advance or to make changes to your advancement can be obtained from the links below.
To be eligible for advancement for candidacy you need to meet the following criteria:
- Achieve Classified Standing (9 units for Advancement to Candidacy)
- Pass the Preliminary Clinical Review
- Pass the Graduate Writing Requirement (In REHAB 237)
To complete your Advancement to Candidacy, follow these steps:
- Download the Advancement to Candidacy form from the links below.
- Advancement to Candidacy form from Graduate Studies Form
- Print a copy of your transcripts.
- Complete the Advancement form taking care that it matches your transcript
- See your advisor for approval. (bring transcript along)