Master of Science in Clinical Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling
Apply to the M.S. in Clinical Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling Program
The deadlines below apply to both the Cal State Apply and Kremen School Application.
|Spring 2021||Fall 2021|
|Closed||October 1, 2020 - March 1, 2021|
Submit Your Kremen School Application
Email: Application and supporting documents may be emailed to email@example.com. For letters of recommendation, your recommender may mail the letter and rubric to the address below, or email the letter and rubric to same email mentioned above. A copy of the rubric may be downloaded here. Please have your recommender put your name in the subject line.
Mail: You may include your sealed letters of recommendation in your application packet. Applications may be mailed to:
Kremen School of Education and Human Development
Center for Advising and Student Services
Attn: Renee Petch
5005 N. Maple Ave. M/S 301
Fresno, CA 93740
Kremen School Application Process
- Provide copy of Cal State Apply confirmation page as proof of application, or
- Provide copy of unofficial Fresno State transcripts showing current enrollment.
Interviews are conducted as a way of obtaining additional information about potential students to help with program admission decisions.
You must meet this requirement by one of the following:
- Obtaining a minimum of a 41+ on the California Basic Education Skills Test (CBEST) writing portion, or pass all sections of the entire test (provide copy).
- Passing all 3 sections of the CSET Multiple Subject test and the Writing Skills test (provide copy).
- Obtaining a minimum passing score on the Upper Division Writing Examination (UDWE) as an undergraduate.
- Earning a grade of "B" or better in any "W" course taken at Fresno State.
- Substitution request approved by the Graduate Coordinator for course taken at another institution.
It is recommended that these courses be completed or in progress prior to applying to the program. Please highlight the courses on your unofficial transcripts. These courses cannot be older than 10 years:
- COUN 174 OR PSYCH 174 - Introduction to Counseling
- COUN 176 - Counseling and Mental Health OR PSYCH 166 or 66 - Abnormal Psychology
- ERE 153 - Educational Statistics OR the following Fresno State equivalent courses: PSYCH 143 or 144, SWRK 171 or 176, SOC 125, DS 123 or HS 202.
To have courses that you have taken at another institution reviewed for substitution, please click on the forms below:
Contact the Program Coordinator
Dr. Yuleinys A. Castillo
Graduate Admissions Analyst: Renee Petch
Frequently Asked Questions
Have questions? Visit our FAQ page for additional information.
Fresno State offers many avenues to receive assistance. Visit our Resources page.