John D. Welty Center for Educational Policy and Leadership
Rural Network- A Partnership in Action
In 2008, the Welty Center formed our first network- the Rural Schools Network. The ultimate goal of the Rural Network is to positively impact student learning outcomes and eliminate historic achievement gaps.
The Rural Schools Network offers small districts a variety of resources - collegial engagement, leadership experience, cutting edge practices, emerging research, and faculty expertise - to support rural superintendents as they pursue high priority initiatives and problems of practice.
The network engages rural Superintendents in professional learning and networking focused on innovative ideas, improving achievement, and closing the achievement gap.
The Rural Network
- Supports small district superintendents and their leadership teams
- Engages us, as a network, in conversation to support and solve problems
- Opens doors for peer observations
- Offers helpful workshops, visits to districts, peer review and informal breakfast conversations
- Leaders walk beside us to improve student results
Download our participation form.
December 5, 2023 Cutler-Orosi Joint SD, Supt. Yolanda Valdez
Focus: Balanced Literacy
March 7, 2024 Lemoore Elementary SD, Supt. Cheryl Hunt
Focus: Culture, Collaboration and Coaching
Facilitated by Marc Johnson
- CCEE Distance Learning Resources
- Khan Academy FREE Lessons, Units and Reviews (P-12)
- Teaching Digitally (click on individual resources to access links)
- Fresno County OE Distance Learning Resources
A Guide for Districts Combating Challenges
A practical guide to support LEAs make evidence-based decisions and implement best practices to accelerate student learning whether it is implemented as an on-site, remote, or hybrid model
Supporting the development of comprehensive plans to support flexible teaching and learning in this new environment, The Playbook provides tools and resources to support communication/family engagement, effective scheduling, staff engagement and professional learning, assessment of needs and progress, considerations for accessing school- and community-wide programs and resources, integrating social emotional learning and trauma-informed supports, and specific supports for English learners, and students with disabilities.
- Recovery and renewal... Past Crisis. Principles for advancing public education post-crisis outlines a set of principles to focus when considering returning to school- inequities, change and improvement.
- Flip your students’ learning. Guidance and examples of how technology and face-to-face learning can be combined to move toward a more student-centered approach to instruction.
- Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning. Now more than ever, adults and children will need to develop, grow, and rely on their social and emotional skills to navigate the effects of COVID-19
- 5 Principles of High Reliability Organizations when leading through crisis. Leaders of any organization survive and thrive during challenges because they are prepared..
Would you like more information?
Complete and submit the Contact Form below.