Skip to main content Skip to main navigation Skip to footer content

Credential Programs

Applying for Your Credential


In response to the COVID-19 pandemic restricting access to testing, the Governor has issued an Executive Order N-66-20 temporarily suspending the final TPA and RICA examination.  This deferral ENDS June 30, 2022.

If you are applying for a Preliminary Multiple Subject or Education Specialist Credential, RICA must now be passed beginning July 1, 2022.

Questions: email Sherri Nakashima Credential Analyst at
or Pea Vang at

After completing your program, you will need to submit an application for your teaching or services credential to the Credential Analyst in the Kremen School, ED-100. Do not send the Fresno State application directly to the Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC); you must apply through Fresno State.

Current Processing Fees:

  • $25 Fresno State processing fee.
  • $102.65 CTC processing fee will be paid online by credit/debit card. This fee will be less if you hold a valid Certificate of Clearance fee credit. 
  • CTC is currently waiving their fees for intern, preliminary MM/SS/SPED credentials and initial PPS credentials through June 30, 2022.

Teacher Credential CSU Exit Survey:

Students completing the Multiple Subject, Single Subject and Education Specialist preliminary credential programs are asked to complete the CSU Exit Survey. Our Exit Survey code is: FSC.

Your feedback is valuable and will provide information to help improve our preparation programs. Please be reassured that your data will remain confidential, and that no candidate will be individually identified from the survey responses.

CalSTATE Teach Candidates: Please contact the CalSTATE TEACH office to obtain an application for your Preliminary credential, do not use the application below.

Individual Development Plan for Induction:

Upload a copy of your Individual Development Plan for Induction (IDP) to  your Tk20 account. Keep a copy for yourself and give a copy to your employing school district when you are enrolled in their induction program.  A copy must also need to be submitted to the Credential Analyst when you apply for your credential.