Teaching Credential Programs
Congratulations on your acceptance to the Single Subject Credential program!
So What's Next?
- Begin reviewing the Single Subject Credential Program Handbook
- Select and attend one of the virtual-real time MANDATORY Single Subject Orientation sessions listed below. Registration is not required, as only users with a Fresno State email will be allowed into the virtual real-time orientation session.
- Complete the Single Subject Program Advising Form and be ready to submit it during the mandatory orientation session.
- if you are planning to enroll in initial student teaching (EHD 155A/EHD 154A), purchase your Fresno State TK20 account: https://payment.tk20.com/ctpayment/options_menu.do
- Admitted credential candidates who are planning to complete "initial" student teaching (EHD 155A/EHD 154A) will need to complete the EHD 155A Placement Survey no later than November 15, 2021. Any student who has not submitted by (or AFTER) the deadline will need to email the Office of Clinical Practice at email@example.com. Please note that students who do not submit their survey on time will be placed by availability rather than preference.
5A: EHD 155A Field placement preference surveys received after this date are subject
to district availability.
5B: Teacher credential candidates are "strictly prohibited" from making their own school site placements.
5C: At this time, the only school district options available for EHD 155A (initial student teaching) are those listed on the field preference survey. Other district requests will not be considered.
All newly accepted credential candidates are required to attend a mandatory orientation before they can register/enroll in program coursework.
Should you have any questions or need to schedule a one-on-one orientation, please contact the Single Subject Coordinator, Dr. Basurto at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Single Subject MANDATORY Orientation Dates for Spring 2022 are as follows:
- October 22, 2021 at 10:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. (PST)
- October 28, 2021 at 4:30 p.m. (PST)
- November 5, 2021 at 10:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. (PST)
- November 19, 2021 at 10:30 a.m. (PST)
- November 19, 2021 at 4:30 (PST) CANCELLED
- nOVEMBER 29, 2021 AT 2:00 P.M. (PST)
- December 2, 2021 at 4:30 p.m. (PST)
The Zoom link is as follows: https://fresnostate.zoom.us/j/5592780285. Note only admitted Single Subject candidates with FS email accounts will be allowed into the meeting.
- Check your TO DO list in your MyFresnoState Portal periodically as these items will need to be completed before certain junctures in the program depending on the item to be completed.
- Single Subject Credential Candidates who have NOT met the US Constitution requirement will need to complete it before they can apply for their Preliminary Single Subject Credential.
- All Single Subject Credential Candidates must have a conferred degree and be subject matter competent for internship in the last phase of the program.