Congratulations on your acceptance to the Single Subject Credential program!
So What's Next?
- Begin reviewing the Single Subject Credential Program Handbook
- Select and attend one of the virtual-real time MANDATORY Single Subject Orientation sessions listed below. Registration is not required, as only users with a Fresno State email will be allowed into the virtual real-time orientation session.(If there are none listed, then a one-on-one with the Single Subject Credential Program Coordinator MUST be scheduled.)
- Complete the Single Subject Program Advising Form and be ready to submit it during the mandatory orientation session. Note: This form gets signed by the Single Subject Credential Coordinator not the Academic Subject Matter Area Advisor/Coordinator.
- if you are planning to enroll in initial student teaching (EHD 155A/EHD 154A), purchase your Fresno State TK20 account by clicking this link. https://fresnostate.tk20.com/campustoolshighered/start.do Please use your Google Chrome or Firefox web browser. This will take you to a payment screen where you can purchase your account with a credit card, money order, or cashier’s check (processed by VeriSign). The cost to purchase through the Tk20 website is approximately $110.00. You will need your Fresno State email address and Student ID Number to complete the purchase. Please Note: Accounts are activated based on enrollment, so you will be able to login once you are enrolled in credential courses, though it may take 24 - 48 hours for the enrollment to process.
- Admitted credential candidates who are planning to complete "initial" student teaching (EHD 155A/EHD 154A) will need to complete the EHD 155A Field Placement aka Student Teaching Placement Survey during their orientation, if not before; but, no later than (November 18, 2022). Please note that students who do not submit their survey on time will be placed by availability rather than preference (Spring 2023: EHD 155A Initial Student Teaching Placement Preference Survey.)
5A: EHD 155A Field placement preference surveys received after this date are subject
to district availability.
5B: Teacher credential candidates are "strictly prohibited" from making their own school site placements.
5C: At this time, the only school district options available for EHD 155A (initial student teaching) are those listed on the field preference survey. Other district requests will not be considered.
All newly accepted credential candidates are required to attend a mandatory orientation before they can register/enroll in program coursework.
Should you have any questions or need to schedule a one-on-one orientation, please contact the Single Subject Coordinator, Dr. Basurto at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Single Subject MANDATORY Orientation Dates for Spring 2023 are as follows:
- October 21, 22: 4:00 PM
- October 28, 22: 4:00 PM
- November 4, 22: 11:00 AM
- November 4, 22: 4:00 PM
- November 18, 22: 4:00 PM
- December 2, 22: 4:00 PM
The Zoom link is as follows: https://fresnostate.zoom.us/j/5592780285. Note only admitted Single Subject candidates with a FRESNO STATE email accounts will be allowed into the meeting.
- Check your TO DO list in your MyFresnoState Portal periodically as these items will need to be completed before certain junctures in the program depending on the item to be completed.
- Single Subject Credential Candidates who have NOT met the US Constitution requirement will need to complete it before they can apply for their Preliminary Single Subject Credential.
- All Single Subject Credential Candidates must have a conferred degree and be subject matter competent for internship in the last phase of the program.