Congratulations Single Subject Credential Candidate!
So What's Next?
- Begin reviewing the Single Subject Credential Program Handbook.
- Select and attend one of the virtual-real-time MANDATORY Single Subject Orientation
sessions listed below. Registration is not required, as only users with a Fresno
State email will be allowed into the virtual real-time orientation session.
- If none are listed, one-on-one with the Single Subject Credential Program Coordinator MUST be scheduled.
- Complete the Single Subject Program Advising Form and be ready to submit it during the mandatory orientation session.
- This form gets signed by the Single Subject Credential Coordinator, not the Academic Subject Matter Area Advisor/Coordinator.
- If you are planning to enroll in initial student teaching (EHD 155A/EHD 154A), purchase
your Fresno State TK20 account by clicking this link. https://fresnostate.tk20.com/campustoolshighered/start.do. Please use your Google Chrome or Firefox web browser. This will take you to a payment
screen to purchase your account with a credit card, money order, or cashier’s check
(processed by VeriSign). The cost to purchase through the Tk20 website is approximately
$120.00. You will need your Fresno State email address and Student ID Number to complete
- Accounts are activated based on enrollment, so you can log in once enrolled in credential courses, though it may take 24 - 48 hours for the enrollment to process.
- Admitted credential candidates who are planning to complete "initial" student teaching (EHD 155A/EHD 154A) will need
to complete the EHD 155A Field Placement, aka Student Teaching Placement Survey (LINK) during (or before) their orientation but no later than (Priority Deadline: TBA/ November 15, 2023 Deadline: December 5, 2023)
- Students who do not submit their survey on time will be placed by availability rather than preference.
- EHD 155A field placement preference surveys received after the field placement date are subject to district availability.
- Teacher credential candidates are "strictly prohibited" from making their own school site placements.
- At this time, the only school district options available for EHD 155A (initial student teaching) are those listed on the field preference survey. Other district requests will not be considered.
- Fresno State's Single Subject Teacher Credential Program is NOT an "online" program even though some courses are offered online.
- Note only admitted Single Subject credential candidates with a FRESNO STATE email account will be allowed into the Orientation meeting.
Single Subject MANDATORY Orientation Dates for Spring 2024 admission are as follows:
- Please contact the Single Subject Teacher Credential Coordinator if no dates are listed:
- 12/06/23 (4:30 p.m. PST)
- 12/07/23 (4:00 p.m. PST)
- 12/08/23 (1:30 p.m. PST)
- 12/08/23 (4:00 p.m. PST)
- Only admitted Single Subject candidates with a FRESNO STATE email account will be allowed into the Orientation meeting.
- Check your TO DO list in your MyFresnoState Portal periodically as these items will need to be completed before certain junctures in the program depending on the item to be completed.
- Single Subject Credential Candidates who have NOT met the US Constitution requirement will need to complete it before they can apply for their Preliminary Single Subject Credential.
- All Single Subject Credential Candidates must have a conferred degree and be subject matter competent for internship in the last phase of the program.