Teaching Credential Programs
Education Specialist and Dual Credential
Fresno State's nationally accredited Education Specialist Credential program prepares caring, competent and reflective candidates to teach children, youth and adults with disabilities in a variety of diverse educational settings in grades kindergarten - age 22 across the Central Valley of California. Students can choose between a Mild/Moderate or Moderate/Severe Credential.
At Fresno State we can tailor your credential program to your specific interests and needs. We offer multiple options to pursue your Education Specialist Credential:
Education Specialist Credential with Option of Dual
The Education Specialist (Special Education) Credential authorizes the holder to teach students with mild/moderate or moderate/severe disabilities, grades K-age 22, in public or private school programs, clinics, special schools, resource classrooms, educational programs, residential facilities, hospitals and other agencies serving persons with disabilities.
Students can choose to pursue the Education Specialist Credential or pursue both an Education Specialist and Multiple Subject Credential simultaneously - a Dual Credential. Learn more about the Dual Credential here.
Education Specialist Credential and a Master of Arts in Special Education
You can apply to the Education Specialist Credential program and add two additional semesters to earn a Master of Arts in Special Education. Learn more here.
Already Have a Credential? Add an Education Specialist Credential
If you already possess a Multiple Subject or Single Subject Credential and would like to add an Education Specialist Credential, email the following completed documents to email@example.com:
- Use this link to schedule one appointment for both. Prior to the appointment, complete and email all items below to the Education Specialist Credential Coordinator in one email:
A Copy of your Preliminary or Professional (Clear) Credential
Valid Mandated Reporters Training Certificate for School Personnel, dated within one year of starting the ES credential program.
Advising Form for appropriate program with signature:
- Ed. Specialist Mild/Moderate (Already hold a Multiple Subject Credential)
- Ed. Specialist Mild/Moderate (Already hold a Single Subject Credential)
- Ed. Specialist Moderate/Severe (Already hold a Multiple Subject Credential) Spring Start
- Ed. Specialist Moderate/Severe (Already hold a Single Subject Credential) Spring Start
- Ed. Specialist Moderate/Severe (Already hold a Multiple Subject Credential) Fall Start
- Ed. Specialist Moderate/Severe (Already hold a Single Subject Credential) Fall Start