Skip to main content Skip to main navigation Skip to footer content

Credential Programs

Completed Students

Congratulations on completing all requirements of the Single Subject Credential program!

How to Apply for Your Credential

information page

Upon completion of all single subject program coursework, all single subject candidates (including interns) need to complete the following steps in order to apply for their California Preliminary Single Subject Credential: 

  1. Submit a physical (hard copy) application for the preliminary teaching credential to the Credential Analyst in the Kremen School, ED 100. For the application and instructions click here. 
  2. Submit the Individual Development Plan for Induction to your university coach at your final triad meeting (see below).

Application and issuance of your California Preliminary Single Subject Credential officially exits you from the program (including internship).

Individual Development Plan for Induction

Submit the Individual Development Plan for Induction to the Office of Clinical Practice by emailing Keep a copy for yourself for when you become employed by a school district and are enrolled in their induction program.

Upgrading to a Professional (Clear) Single Subject Credential

Requirements for upgrading to the Professional (Clear) Single Subject Credential may be provided by the employing school district through an induction program. Induction programs & costs vary by district. Once all induction program requirements are met, the candidate will then apply to the CCTC for a professional (clear) single subject credential. The professional (clear) single subject credential must be renewed online every five years.