Teaching Credential Programs
Office of Clinical Practice
The Office of Clinical Practice, formerly 'Field Placements', coordinates the placement of teacher candidates at school sites for their fieldwork courses. We place multiple subject candidates for their second and third phase placements, single subject candidates for their first phase placements, and education specialist candidates for all three phases.
Below you will find a database of resources.
Handbooks and Forms
Multiple Subject/Dual (Multiple Subject/Education Specialist)
- Education Specialist Credential Handbook PDF
- Education Specialist Mentor Teacher Handbook
- ES University Coach Formal Observation Notes
- ES University Coach Informal Observation Notes
- Mid-Term and Final Evaluation
- SPED 171/172 Initial Clinical Practice Agreement
- SPED 175/176 Final Clinical Practice Agreement
- Candidate Dismissal/Move Form
- Individual Plan of Assistance (coming soon)
- Special Consideration Form (coming soon)
- Single Subject EHD 155A/154A Calendar
- Single Subject EHD 155B/154B Calendar
- Multiple Subject EHD 178/110D Calendar
- Multiple Subject EHD 170/160AB Calendar
- Education Specialist Calendar
Interested in working for the Kremen School as a University Coach/Supervisor?
For EHD 155A (initial phase):
- Single Subject University Coach/Supervisor Job Description
- Single Subject University Coach/Supervisor Application Process
For EHD 155B (final phase), please contact the Academic Subject Matter Area Departments
Mentor Teacher Reimbursement Packet
- Mentor teachers can receive a reimbursement of fees for 3-4-unit courses taken at Fresno State within two years of supervising a student teacher. You can submit the packet below for reimbursement of fees up to $450 (limit one per semester, and a student teacher must have been supervised within two years of the semester submitted). PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ON PAGE ONE OF THE PACKET.
- Reimbursement Application
Mentor Teacher Conference Interest Form
- Our Mentor Teacher conference has been moved. If you would be interested in staying updated about the conference, please complete the interest form below.
- Mentor Teacher Conference Interest Form
To be filled out by the University Coach and Credential Coordinator:
- Procedures for Teacher Candidate Remediation/Reassignment/Dismissal
- Teacher Candidate Plan of Assistance Form
- Candidate Reassignment/Dismissal Form
University Student Support Services
- There are many services available on campus for our teacher candidates, please refer them to the list in the link below for guidance beyond what you and their University Coach can reasonably provide.
- University Student Support Services
Tk20 Overview & Purchasing
Tk20 is a data management system that you will use to digitally submit your field placement observations, evaluations, and State mandated teacher performance assessments. This system will give you access to your student files for seven years.
This account should be purchased before you apply for your first field placement course.
Purchase a Fresno State Tk20 account: Please click on this link using your Google Chrome or Firefox web browser. This will take you to a payment screen where you can purchase your account with a credit card, money order, or cashier’s check (processed by VeriSign). The cost to purchase through the Tk20 website is approximately $110.00. You will need your Fresno State email address and Student ID Number to complete the purchase. Please Note: Accounts are activated based on enrollment, so you will be able to login once you are enrolled in credential courses, though it may take 24 - 48 hours for the enrollment to process.
If you are experiencing an issue with Tk20 and either your coach or the Online Student Resources/FAQs below do not help you resolve it, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your name, program, and ID number in the email as well as an explanation of the issue.
- Purchase/Register for your Tk20 Account
- Fresno State Tk20 Login (after purchase)
- Placement/Clearance Application Instructions
- Time Logs Instructions
- Uploading Time Log into Field Placement Binder
FAST (Fresno Assessment of Student Teachers)
- SVP Overview Video
- SVP Overview Video Transcript
- SVP Overview Video Slides
- SVP Class Profile Video
- SVP Class Profile Video Transcript
- SVP Class Profile Video Slides
- SVP Lesson Planning Video
- SVP Lesson Planning Video Transcript
- SVP Lesson Planing Video Slides
- SVP Implementation Video
- SVP Implementation Video Transcript
- SVP Implementation Video Slides
- SVP Reflection Video
- SVP Reflection Video Transcript
- SVP Reflection Video Slides
- Class Profile
- Class Profile (Google Doc)
- Students in Context (Google Doc)
- Lesson Plan Template
- Lesson Plan Template (Google Doc)
- Activities Strategy Table
- Activities Strategy Table (Google Doc)
- Self Evaluation
- Self Evaluation (Google Doc)
- EHD 155A Further Resources
Video Parent Permission Letters
- TSP Template
- TSP Template (Google Doc)
- TSP Worksheet Table
- TSP Worksheet Table (Google Doc)
- TSP Overview (Multiple & Single Subject)
- TSP Overview (Google Slides -- Must be logged in to your Fresno State Google account to see) Multiple & Single Subject
- Students in Context (TSP)
- Students in Context (TSP) (Google Doc)
If you have any questions, contact us:
Interim Administrative Assistant
Education Building, ED 151
Felipe Mercado, Coordinator
Education Building, ED 151
Office Hours: M-F (except academic holidays)
8:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M., closed from 12:00 P.M. - 1:00 P.M.