Teaching Credential Programs
Office of Clinical Practice
The Office of Clinical Practice, formerly 'Field Placements', coordinates the placement of teacher candidates at school sites for their fieldwork courses. We place multiple subject candidates for their second and third phase placements, single subject candidates for their first phase placements, and education specialist candidates for all three phases.
Below you will find a database of resources.
Handbooks and Forms
Multiple Subject/Dual (Multiple Subject/Education Specialist)
- Education Specialist Credential Handbook PDF
- Education Specialist Mentor Teacher Handbook
- ES University Coach Formal Observation Notes
- ES University Coach Informal Observation Notes
- Mid-Term and Final Evaluation
- SPED 171/172 Initial Clinical Practice Agreement
- SPED 175/176 Final Clinical Practice Agreement
- Candidate Dismissal/Move Form
- Individual Plan of Assistance (coming soon)
- Special Consideration Form (coming soon)
- Single Subject EHD 155A/154A Calendar
- Single Subject EHD 155B/154B Calendar
- Multiple Subject EHD 178/110D Calendar
- Multiple Subject EHD 170/160AB Calendar
- Education Specialist Calendar
Interested in working for the Kremen School as a University Coach/Supervisor?
For EHD 155A (initial phase):
- Single Subject University Coach/Supervisor Job Description
- Single Subject University Coach/Supervisor Application Process
For EHD 155B (final phase), please contact the Academic Subject Matter Area Departments
Mentor Teacher Reimbursement Packet
- Mentor teachers can receive a reimbursement of fees for 3-4-unit courses taken at Fresno State within two years of supervising a student teacher. You can submit the packet below for reimbursement of fees up to $450 (limit one per semester, and a student teacher must have been supervised within two years of the semester submitted). PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ON PAGE ONE OF THE PACKET.
- Reimbursement Application
Mentor Teacher Conference Interest Form
- Our Mentor Teacher conference has been moved. If you would be interested in staying updated about the conference, please complete the interest form below.
- Mentor Teacher Conference Interest Form
To be filled out by the University Coach and Credential Coordinator:
- Procedures for Teacher Candidate Remediation/Reassignment/Dismissal
- Teacher Candidate Plan of Assistance Form
- Candidate Reassignment/Dismissal Form
University Student Support Services
- There are many services available on campus for our teacher candidates, please refer them to the list in the link below for guidance beyond what you and their University Coach can reasonably provide.
- University Student Support Services
If you are experiencing an issue with Tk20 and either your coach or the Online Student Resources/FAQs below do not help you resolve it, email email@example.com. Be sure to include your name, program, and ID number in the email as well as an explanation of the problem.
- Purchase/Register for your Tk20 Account
- Online Student Resources/FAQs
- Tk20 Login
- Placement/Clearance Application Instructions
- How to Get Started and Log Clinical Hours
- When to Submit Clinical Hours and How They Are Approved
- Uploading Time Log into Field Work Binder
- Create and Submit a Time Log Entry
- Coaches: How to Unlock a Binder
Video Observation Permission Slips
Students are allowed one personal day, all other absences will need to be made up.
Clinical practice hours for credit may be earned only through student teaching or while teaching under a university internship credential in public schools, pre-approved charter schools or pre-approved non-public schools within the University's service area. (CCTC Intern Specific Preconditions, May 2011, page 3)
Clinical practice hours may only be earned in a student teaching setting as found and confirmed by the Office of Clinical Practice or while working on a university internship credential. For more information, please see the Teacher Internship Program for university internship requirements.
If you are offered a job to become a teacher of record in your own classroom at any point before or during your clinical practice course, you MUST contact your program coordinator before signing a contract so you can be sure that your program completion will not be affected. Once a contract is signed, inform the Office of Clinical Practice.
The Office of Clinical Practice only holds placements for candidates enrolled in a clinical practice course. Failure to enroll and pay your fees by the deadline may result in the loss of your placement.
If you experiencing extenuating circumstances (problems with financial aid, family or medical issues, etc.) which prevent enrollment or fee payment, please contact our office and the program coordinator immediately! We are happy to work with you to maintain your placement in these circumstances.
As an aspiring teacher, you have accepted the responsibility to adhere to the highest ethical standards. The California State “Code of Conduct” and State Professional Standards guide your actions. You should familiarize yourself with them: https://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/rules-of-conduct
As a candidate you have the responsibility to present yourself and act at all times as a professional. This responsibility includes the following:
Maintain a respectful professional distance from your students and their families: You must maintain a professional relationship with students and their families. You cannot be their personal friend. Respect personal boundaries. Consult a trusted advisor if students are attempting to cross a personal boundary.
Be professional in behavior, demeanor, and appearance: Your appearance and behavior should set you apart from the K-12 students and give a professional impression to the faculty, parents, and students. Follow professional behavior and dress standards (business casual unless school-specific events).
Substitute Teaching Policy
Teacher candidates are not permitted to serve as a substitute while on duty as a student teacher.
FAST (Fresno Assessment of Student Teachers)
- SVP Overview Video
- SVP Overview Video Transcript
- SVP Overview Video Slides
- SVP Class Profile Video
- SVP Class Profile Video Transcript
- SVP Class Profile Video Slides
- SVP Lesson Planning Video
- SVP Lesson Planning Video Transcript
- SVP Lesson Planing Video Slides
- SVP Implementation Video
- SVP Implementation Video Transcript
- SVP Implementation Video Slides
- SVP Reflection Video
- SVP Reflection Video Transcript
- SVP Reflection Video Slides
- Class Profile
- Class Profile (Google Doc)
- Students in Context (Google Doc)
- Lesson Plan Template
- Lesson Plan Template (Google Doc)
- Activities Strategy Table
- Activities Strategy Table (Google Doc)
- Self Evaluation
- Self Evaluation (Google Doc)
- EHD 155A Further Resources
Video Parent Permission Letters
- TSP Template
- TSP Template (Google Doc)
- TSP Worksheet Table
- TSP Worksheet Table (Google Doc)
- TSP Overview (Multiple & Single Subject)
- TSP Overview (Google Slides -- Must be logged in to your Fresno State Google account to see) Multiple & Single Subject
- Students in Context (TSP)
- Students in Context (TSP) (Google Doc)
If you have any questions, contact us:
Felipe Mercado, Coordinator
Education Building, ED 151
Office Hours: M-F (except academic holidays)
8:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M., closed from 12:00 P.M. - 1:00 P.M.